Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Gianni Fallabrino - Progetto Europa - 5508 002 Fontana - 1980 Top Notch Prog Jazz Funk Disco!

  This record is crazy good.  Obviously if you disregard any 80's library even early 80's  as not your thing, then this one won't be the one, haha.  When listening though I don't ever get a cheesy 80's vibe and actually might be the funnest Fallabrino to listen to I can recall.  When I saw the cheap price tag I thought gap filler but no way, this is a mixture of high class jazz, funk, disco and prog, my favorite genres.  Every song is entertaining and interesting for sure, it's not often you hear a band change styles from song to song like this.
   My two favorite jams on this are A5 "Insegne Luminose" one of the finest prog disco songs I've ever heard, has all the goods, female scats, fuzz, driving beats and dark bass lines.  This song is followed by A6 "Autodromo" which at times reminds me of King Zerand scoring the Cannibal Apocalypse OST.  Other notable jams are, "Leitmotiv N.1" and "Passeggiando"  but really they are all amazing.
  This one's on the same label as Fallabrino's "Musica Nella Spazio" which sells for mega bucks so don't assume it will remain cheap, every library record started off cheap don't forget, but who knows maybe I just have bad taste, haha.   My Full 320K rip from my collection and please behave yourselves and don't leach my rip or youtube links as your own, though I know some of  you still will, haha.   GET IT HERE    Chris Tillotson








2 comments: