Saturday, January 4, 2014

Bruno Nicolai & Fiorenzo Carpi "Un Bianco Vestito Per Mariale'" Gemelli GG.ST.10.021 1975

   So yeah, above all else, as cheesy as it sounds, I want music to give me goosebumps.  Psych out fuzz, Weird electronics and experimentalism is great but tends to leave me feeling somewhat cold.  The first song on this, "Mariale" is one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard, Nicolai does that classical harpsichord lick so many times on his scores and it gets me every time.  When the key change ascends in the middle I get gnarly goosebumps, very nice.  Fiorenzo Carpi is credited to the music and Nicolai to the direction, but this record sounds so Nicolai to me, I imagine he had a huge hand in these compositions.  Also remember that psych out experimenting I referred  to, well those are here too, "La Vittima" & "Pelle Di Luna" are both great fuzzy tribal jams.  The Gemelli label was founded by Nicolai and possibly Carpi as well and these Gemelli releases are very small runs and not too easy to find either.  Unlike other small run labels, these releases are very high quality, with heavy cardboard and sturdy vinyl.  Enjoy some Nicolai from my personal collection ripped @320K.  Chris Tillotson          GET IT HERE!








11 comments:

  1. Great, many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Chris, what a way to start things off!
    All the best,
    Simon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this somewhere in the past, but I think your rip is better.
    So, nice upgrade, and great OST.
    Thanks for sharing.

    G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I did too, the only thing I can promise when I share records is that you haven't heard my rip yet.

      Delete
  4. Thanks Chris, this is fantastic. You are doing a great service to the world. Please keep it happening - there's plenty of us tuned in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, that means a lot man, glad you're digging on these records, as long as y'all are tuning in, I'll keep sharing records and thoughts

      Delete
  5. This thank you is late in coming, but I'm just now noticing this very nice upgrade. Thank you, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for sharing this precious work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you watch the film this comes from you will see a crazy dancing scene about half way into the movie and the girl doing the dance is Shawn Robinson who was one of the favorite singers of Maestro Piccioni (you can hear her on the theme song of La Volpe dalla coda di velluto). Not a lot is known about her, but that much I do know. Just thought I'd throw that in...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank so much you for sharing this, and you're right about the key change - amazing!

    ReplyDelete