Thursday, October 31, 2013

Caravelli "April Orchestra Vol.16" 1977 320K Happy Halloween!

I'm currently on vacation in New Orleans for Halloween and I thought I would take a break to share some Halloween treats for y'all.  Hear is one of my favourite library records, and I think it's the best horror movie soundtrack that never was.  This is as evil sounding as strings, bass and drums can get, so amazing.  Most of you library collectors already know this classic, but for everyone else, get this now.  I like this just as much as any Goblin Or Frizzi soundtrack, maybe more!  From my personal collection, Enjoy@320K Chris Tillotson  GET IT HERE!



4 comments:

  1. I just thought I would have a comment for this post as there is none. This album is so amazing! Especially knowing Caravelli is best known for cheesy musak, this one stand out in his discography. It features one of the most menacing bass sounds I ever heard. Damn saturated analog recoding to tape, you can't beat this with a computer, even with 4375438 plug-ins!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely the craziest bass sound. I record my own music at home too, and I think any recording engineer can appreciate the groundbreaking production this record has. If they only made a Caravelli plug in, haha

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much. I just heard this "randomly" on YouTube and was blown away then looked on Discogs and saw it's way out of my budget. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great Album, had to listen to an MP3 for the last 1 years, but I've just bought the actual album. As there was only ever one issue of this, it's expensive, but as it's one of my favourite, if not THE favourite library album, I grabbed the opportunity to buy it, no regrets, sounds amazing on vinyl.

    ReplyDelete